This is an exciting opportunity to work for a worldwide premiere women’s sports organization! If you love sports and enjoy being intellectually-challenged – this is the internship for you! You’ll receive a hands-on, in-depth experience, learning key legal concepts, advising internal corporate clients, and understanding the interplay between the legal and sports business world. Our interns leave the LPGA after enjoying a well-rounded experience in a first class and busy corporate legal department – all in the context of professional sports!
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Under supervision of counsel, review, edit and draft a variety of contracts
• Research legal issues in the development of policies and procedures
• Assist in management of trademark portfolio and enforcement of unauthorized use of marks
• Assist counsel with issues relating to litigation, including legal research, document production, and writing memoranda
• Research recent industry developments
• Research drug testing CAS cases and policy research and analysis
• Attend meetings with internal LPGA business units
• Other duties as assigned by the General Counsel
• Completion of second year at an accredited law school
• Strong academic track record in law school
• Proven legal research skills, including experience with Lexis-Nexis and Westlaw
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Familiarity with sports law and business preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and related programs
Temporary (10-12 weeks), full time, non-exempt status, $100 stipend for incidentals per week worked
Applicant must secure housing at own expense in Daytona Beach, FL or surrounding areas (i.e., Jacksonville, Ormond Beach, Port Orange, New Smyrna, Palm Coast, Orlando/Lake Mary)
Students may earn credit (if available at law school)
Application deadline: March 1, 2012
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you authorized to work in the United States?
2. How did you hear about this internship with the LPGA?
3. Do you meet all of the qualifications listed above?
4. Are you familiar with the game of golf?
Feel free to contact Chad Seufert of the LPGA if you have any questions about the intern position.